I suppose I should say that this is snow day #4 because we actually had a snow day in January as well. But this is the third snow day that we have had over the course of a week, which is pretty significant for Louisville. Even though this weather is not unfamiliar to a northern gal like me, I still acted like everyone else these last few days and stayed inside. So what else does one do on a snow day?
- Make lots of food. I made my mom's lasagna and banana bread last week. Tonight I am making The Pioneer Woman's chicken spaghetti. Daniel loves it, and so do I.
- Read and read and read.
- Watch television and movies.
- Clean like a crazy woman.
- Finish some home projects that I have been meaning to do.
- Go for a walk in the snow. Crazy? Maybe. Bored? Absolutely.
- Blog, of course.
- Watch the Olympics! This deserves a bullet point all by itself.
While it is beautiful to see the snow falling outside my apartment window, I will be glad when winter is over.
Being at home so much this past week has made me appreciate home so much more. I enjoy the excitement my husband displays when he comes home from work to a clean house. I love making meals that feed him and satisfy him. I love making our home a warm and inviting place to be. Extra time here helps me to see the value in all of it. I also really like not rushing home from work and frantically trying to make dinner so we can eat before 8 pm! Most likely I will be back to the office tomorrow. It was fun while it lasted...